Last updated: 09 February 2021
Brand Identity is a term that is thrown around a lot but, not many people know what it truly means or why it’s so important.
So in this blog, I’ll be breaking down exactly what your brand identity is and why it’s so important to your business’ online success.
What Is Brand Identity?
Your brand identity is SO much more than just your logo!
It’s a composition of elements that make up exactly how your brand is perceived by your target audience. It’s what makes you different & stand out, it’s how people connect with you & most importantly, why they pick YOU over your competitors.
Your brand identity helps you connect & build relationships with your audience & shows them exactly who you are and what you stand for.
As I mentioned, it’s composed of key branding elements such as your logo, colour palette, fonts, visuals/illustrations, the voice & tone of your communication.
Good branding is an investment and through carefully crafted branding elements you’ll obtain a strong brand identity & story to attract the right audience therefore, increasing your brand awareness & conversions.
We’re all willing to pay a little extra for a good quality product/service right?
Well, the same goes for your audience! If your brand instils trust & portrays quality and knowledge through well thought out design & branding, you’d be able to increase your prices & customer portfolio!
This can’t happen with a cheap logo (I’m looking at you £5 logo sites!) as it takes so much more to accurately represent yourself and connect with your potential clients.
So now I’ve explained what brand identity is, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of why it’s so important!
Why Creating A Brand Identity Is Important
Below I’ve listed my top 5 reasons why creating a brand identity is important to your business’ success:
- Builds Customer Loyalty - A strong brand identity is what differentiates you, from your competitors. If your brand conveys your business’ values and builds a connection with your customers it can lead to increased customer loyalty.
- Boosts Your Brand’s Awareness - Your brand’s awareness is how familiar your audience is with your brand and is very valuable when it comes to marketing your business. Embedding your brand into your audience’s lifestyle and purchasing habits is a sure-fire way to ensure they become customers & not your competitors!
- Conveys Stability & Credibility - Having a strong & well-defined brand identity sends a clear message to your target audience that you take pride in your business. It instils trust within them and eliminates any fears when they consider making a purchase.
- Makes Your Business Memorable - The more your brand is seen, the more it is remembered. All interactions with your target audience leave a lasting impression and ensure they remember your brand over your competitors.
- Improves Customer Experience - Investing in your business’ brand identity allows you to understand how you provide value to your customers and give them the best possible experience when interacting with you. Customers will trust that you are more likely to deliver on your promises to them because you invest in your brand.
Your brand identity is a crucial part of any business, new or old & it’s what separates the successful businesses to the ones that fail.
Creating a strong brand identity can help you accurately portray your business to your target audience and generate increased sales but, it can be tricky so, it’s always worth working with a branding designer to get it right.
If you need help creating a strong brand, don’t hesitate to get in touch!